Here is A Screen Video Captured Tutorial On How To Block Unwanted Network Messages Sent To Your Smartphone. This Process Described In The Video Can Also Be Used To Block Messages From Persons Who Have Been Disturbing You Or Suspected Fraudulent Numbers.
It's Very Frustrating To Constantly Receive Unwanted Messages From Strange Short codes Advertising A Product Or A Subscription Link.
This Is Often The Case With MTN As Tens Of Messages Are Usually Sent From Numbers Like 5029, 5021, 33021, 35241, 5036, 5036, 5038, Etc Sometimes Advertising A Product Or Some Paid Weekly Quotes.
This Is About To Stop As I've Created This Video To Show You How I've Put A Pause To Such Rubbish And Provoking Messages Which Usually Drops When
You Are Either Asleep, Busy or Expecting An Important Text Message.
I Didn't Do a Voice-over on the Video but the steps are easy to perform.
- Goto “Messages” On Your Smartphone
- Select the Unwanted Message From 5029, 5021, 33021, etc.
- View Options, Select /Block Settings/
- Check the box next to /Message block/
- Press OK
To Block Subsequent Numbers
- Goto Settings
- Select /Call/Message Block/
- Make sure you check /Block registered numbers and phrases Under Message Block
- Select /Message Block List/
- Press Create To Add any Number You want To don’t Want to Receive a Message Again.
- Press OK
And That’s It.
You will Never Receive Messages from the Registered Numbers.
PS: This works on Samsung Galaxy 5 or Samsung S3 running the Sensation S5 ROM and every other mobile device that has the block/number screening/blacklisting feature.